Sunday, September 8, 2013

My New Home

Sara my Italian roommate.



The view from the balcony outside my room
The view from the balcony outside my room
I am living in an apartment inside the walls at the Porta Roma entrance.  There are two entrances, one facing Rome called Porta Roma and one facing Florence called Porta Fiorentina.  I live on the 4th floor with no elevator so my booty is going to be looking nice when I return.  I live with three other people, two girls from USAC, Molly and Stacy, and one Italian student from Sicily named Sara.  I am really happy that Sara is living with us because it gives us an opportunity that no one else has.  I have been practicing my Italian with her and she has been practicing her English.  Sara has also introduced us to her friends and we have already had a Family dinner with them which was a lot of fun because we were all teaching each other different things about our cultures.  For example, did you know that in Italy you get Four wedding rings when you are married?  The first ring is a gold band and after 25 years of marriage you get a silver band, after 50 years a white gold band, and after 65 years a platinum band. 

I love our apartment!  It is in a great location right by the university and it has a lot of character.
Panorama view from my balcony

Map of Viterbo inside the wall.

My room! It is purple my favorite color!

The living area with a balcony out side.

Our kitchen

Our bathroom with the washing machine in it.  I feel so italian hang drying my clothes outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment